Have you heard all the hype around celery juice? Celery is one of the healthiest vegetables. It can also reduce the risk of illness and provide pain relief. Celery is truly the savior when it comes to chronic illness. Celery juice is traditionally used for asthma, fever, fluid retention, gout, headache, inflammation, insomnia, kidneys, liver, lungs, migraine, nervous problems, gout, acid reflux, vertigo, constipation and, weight loss.
Fresh celery juice has a mild diuretic effect and helps curb the craving for sweets which benefits weight loss and other cure.
SHOULD I BE DRINKING CELERY JUICE?
While celery juice is one of the newest trends gaining people’s attention, it’s important to remember that not everyone will see or feel the same health benefits after drinking it. As I believe in bio-individuality, one person’s food is another person’s poison. Some may immediately respond well to adding a glass of celery juice to their morning routine, others may experience change more slowly.
However, because celery juice contains many beneficial nutrients and vitamins lets simplify and break down the benefits. For starters, the best time to drink celery juice is immediately on waking up, on an empty stomach.
You will gain the maximum benefits by doing this and you might begin seeing positive results in as little as seven days after starting your celery juice routine. This is how I add these into my daily routine and how it has helped me are as follows:
- Healing your gut: It acts as a natural diuretic and promotes optimal functioning of the digestive tract (that’s why it’s recommended on an empty stomach).
- Strengthening your bones: celery is a great way to get your daily intake of calcium and vitamin K, as both help strengthen your bones and celery can also regenerate damaged bones and protect against osteoporosis. (It’s a great option for vegans and lactose intolerant people who cannot get their daily intake of calcium from dairy products).
- Great for detoxification: as it’s a natural diuretic, it helps flush out toxins. Drinking celery juice on its own simplifies digestion and elimination, therefore cleanses our system, making you feel less bloated.
- Improving sleep patterns: magnesium that is found in celery plays an important role in good sleep patterns. Hence a glass during the day may provide a good night’s sleep.
- Hydrating your skin: celery is 95% water, so enjoying a glass every morning helps fulfill your daily intake of water requirement. The more hydrated you are the better your skin will be looking and feeling. Plus with all vitamins, celery helps support collagen production and thus nourishes your skin.
- Aiding in weight loss: celery juice is low in calories (about 40 calories per glass) and may help curb your appetite. Therefore by consuming celery juice, you are keeping both your digestive track and appetite in check, which can help support a healthy weight.
Want to try it out yourself; here is an easy recipe:
- 3-4 stalks of celery (TIP: celery is on the list of foods that must and must be had only organic therefore I recommend buying only organic celery if you can)
- Splash of water
EQUIPMENT FOR CELERY JUICE:
- High-speed blender (I use Vitamix)
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING CELERY JUICE:
- Cut up the celery stalks
- Blend high until the mixture is totally combined
- Pour the mixture into a strainer over a bowl to collect the pulp. If you want you can add the leftover pulp in a smoothie or soup.
- The last is to enjoy it.
Celery juice is most powerful when consumed SOLO. While it’s great to consume other green juices or vegetables and add to items like spinach, kale, parsley, cilantro or apples. Drink those mixed juices at a diff time than your straight celery juice.