Sheetal Health Coach Dubai Tips on Recipes Brussels Sprouts
If you like it HOT, you’ll love these fiery Buffalo Brussels Sprouts, enveloped in a dough-y chickpea batter, then doused in organic chipotle habanero sauce and baked to perfection. Be sure to dip it in the cashew dill sauce so your tongue doesn’t go on fire.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1/2 cup sprouted chickpea flour
- 1 pound (16 oz) Brussels sprouts, small to medium sized
- 2 ¾ tsp. avocado oil or ghee
- 3 Tbsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. coconut aminos
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
Cashew-Dill Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in filtered water at least 1 hour
- 2 Tbsp. cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- ¼ tsp. pink salt, or more to taste
- Set the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the Brussels sprouts: Combine the coconut milk and chickpea flour in a medium sized bowl. Set aside to thicken up while you prepare the Brussels sprouts. Remove the stem end and any loose outer leaves, then slice in half.
- Once all Brussels sprouts are cut, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dip each Brussels sprout in the batter to thoroughly coat, then place on the parchment paper, cut side up. Repeat until you’re done, leaving a little space in between each sprout, so they don’t stick. Cook for 22 minutes. (Add 1-2 minutes if using very large sprouts).
- Meanwhile, make the buffalo sauce: If using avocado oil, simply add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together with a fork until well combined. If using ghee, in a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the ghee until it melts, then stir in the rest of the ingredients and cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the cashew dipping sauce: Combine all ingredients in a bullet blender and blend until a uniformly thick and creamy consistency forms. You can thin it out, if desired, with a little extra water or oil, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- When the Brussels are out of the oven, use a spatula to release them from the paper, and push them all towards middle of the pan. Pour the buffalo sauce over them, then use two spoons to mix well and make sure they are evenly coated. Then, lay them out flat again (it doesn’t matter if they are touching at this point). Return to the oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Serve the sprouts with the cashew dill dipping sauce